Old Mission Montessori School was established by Sister Katherine Dum, BVM, in 1976. on the expansive grounds of the historic San Luis Rey Parish. Our school continues the educational legacy begun by the Sisters of the Precious Blood in 1918. Together, within these walls, Catholic Education has continued for nearly a hundred years.
We maintain a low student:teacher ratio with a head teacher and an assistant in most classes, and our principal knows and greets each child by name. In our school family, each child is encouraged to grow as an individual in an academically rigorous, yet safe and nurturing environment.
In addition to being Montessori, we are also a Catholic school. Students enjoy learning about God, and attend school masses twice a month. Children of all faiths are welcome at Old Mission Montessori School. We are all brothers and sisters in God’s eyes.